Project from April 2014. We spent some time going over both Adobe After Effects and Flash, and then we were given a choice of whichever program we wanted to use, and an open assignment of creating either a mini game or a short animation.
Done in Adobe After Effects, about two weeks to rig the characters and animate.
The second major assignment from fall 2012, still working on 3ds Max, was to make an insect-like character. We were allowed to use our imagination freely in designing the bug, so I went in the fantastic direction with it. Compared to some of the spiky, twisted or slimy things some of my classmates came up with, mine turned out positively cuddly.
The reference sketches I started with:
And the final product:
One of the key points of the assignment was for us to render one image that shows the model’s wireframe, so that the teacher could give advice on how to improve our models’ topology in the future. My wireframe image was praised for being very neat and smooth.