2D – Dolphin dragon

Older piece from 2013. Creature design paired with grayscale experimenting.

DolphinDragon_BW

Advertisements

2D – Shading exersice – Panther

Practicing using shadows and highlights to create contours. Panther

2D – creature design – Khimeros

Virtual pet site Khimeros has a feature where users can create custom pets by downloading a lineart base and then painting over it. These are some of the pets I’ve created. (Original lineart by Hillary Luetkemeyer, posted with permission)

 

 

3D Game Project – Slobb Jones

Slobb Jones was another school project our class did, an augmented reality game. The school’s official website for the game with images of the final product can be found here: http://gamesblogs.metropolia.fi/slobbjones/

In the project I was an environmental artist, responsible for much of the modular pieces that were used to build the levels. (Translation; I spent 10 weeks modeling rocks.)

Early concepts I did for the game elements, and then refining their actions and visuals.

Modular pieces used in the levels,

Some more atmospheric props, designed for an “ancient ruins” kind of environment.

3D – Light Saber in Blender

saber1 saber2

Took a short course on the basics of Blender to refresh my memory. The final assignment of the course was to model a light saber similar to those seen in the Star Wars franchise.

The teacher provided us with reference images, but at the same time encouraged us to adjust the design to our own liking, so my saber design doesn’t match anything from the movies exactly. I’m pretty happy with the result.

2D animation project

Project from April 2014. We spent some time going over both Adobe After Effects and Flash, and then we were given a choice of whichever program we wanted to use, and an open assignment of creating either a mini game or a short animation.

Done in Adobe After Effects, about two weeks to rig the characters and animate.

3D – Bug

The second major assignment from fall 2012, still working on 3ds Max, was to make an insect-like character. We were allowed to use our imagination freely in designing the bug, so I went in the fantastic direction with it. Compared to some of the spiky, twisted or slimy things some of my classmates came up with, mine turned out positively cuddly.

The reference sketches I started with:

Bug_ref_side Bug_ref_top

And the final product:

Bug_cam1_final Bug_cam2_final Bug_cam2_wire_final Bug_cam3_final

One of the key points of the assignment was for us to render one image that shows the model’s wireframe, so that the teacher could give advice on how to improve our models’ topology in the future. My wireframe image was praised for being very neat and smooth.